Call Of Duty 4 Game Help and MapsLittle tip

Help for Computer Games and Maps for online games

Topic author
PaCkINhEaT
|iog| Second in Command
Zodiac: Libra

Little tip

Post by PaCkINhEaT » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Just a few days ago i had a problem, when intried to connect to servers it said "keycode in use, please try again later". Now the reason it did that was because i was in a server and i switched from my neighbors wireless to my wireless (my isp was having problems at the time, it seemed to be fixed.)it booted me out of the server right away when i got connected. now it wouldnt give me that error message and would let me connect to servers on my neighbors wifi, but it did on my wifi. I asked my neighbor to restart their router and when they did it started working again. So heres my little tip, dont switch connections when your in a server. My guess was the router(my neighbors) was still sending out information to evenbalance and made it seem like inwas in a server.
:smt068 Only the dead have seen the end of the war. :smt071
|iog|PaCkINhEaT

Gen Stranger
|iog| Administrator
Zodiac: Gemini

Re: Little tip

Post by Gen Stranger » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 am

I doubt it was evenbalance that caused that problem
Sounds more like activision (the game itself)
Evenbalance is Punk Buster and Call Of Duty 4 is no longer supported by them.
Gen Stranger
|IOG|-Stranger

norma
Registered

Post by norma » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:59 pm

I believe when you disconnect from a server the server sends a packet to the client to notify the key has been 'released', so to speak. That's why there were those nasty servers where they were stealing peoples cd keys, they were exploiting this system. It's likely when you switch networks midgame this process is not happening, so the server is not technically recognising you as having left, ergo won't authorise you for entry again.

Gen Stranger
|iog| Administrator

Post by Gen Stranger » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:28 pm

norma wrote:I believe when you disconnect from a server the server sends a packet to the client to notify the key has been 'released', so to speak. That's why there were those nasty servers where they were stealing peoples cd keys, they were exploiting this system. It's likely when you switch networks midgame this process is not happening, so the server is not technically recognising you as having left, ergo won't authorise you for entry again.
I had that happen to me once when my game crashes and I tried to re-enter
I had to reboot the computer and finally was able to enter again
Gen Stranger
|IOG|-Stranger