Page 1 of 1

Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:39 pm
by Gen Stranger
This is old but worth repeating!!!!

*WARNING!* VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 89182
VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 89182

DO NOT DOWNLOAD Game Optimizer Pro 1.0 !!

This just popped up in the Pbbans forums and is worth noting.

Apparently Game Optimizer Pro 1.0 is a hack programme, written by game hackers for their own amusement and available for download.

Two Problems Reported:

•It may screw up your pc and you will need to reboot to safe mode to get rid of it.
•Playing on a Pb enabled server with it will get you a global ban for the VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 89182

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:06 am
by norma
I think easyaccount will also get a PB violation. Not used it myself but heard it does.

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:17 am
by Gen Stranger
norma wrote:I think easyaccount will also get a PB violation. Not used it myself but heard it does.
Sad that we do not use punk buster on our servers

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:19 am
by norma
yes agreed. we used punkbuster for many years until evenbalance gave up this game. We used to use it for many things, screenshots included. Well at least the guys over at codx are making an effort to fix some of those losses but still. There is no real anticheat now.

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:41 am
by Gen Stranger
norma wrote:yes agreed. we used punkbuster for many years until evenbalance gave up this game. We used to use it for many things, screenshots included. Well at least the guys over at codx are making an effort to fix some of those losses but still. There is no real anticheat now.
I was using Morkeye to monitor binds that call cheats but it used punk buster so once we stopped
using pb Morkeye was also stopped.

The only anti cheat available now is good server admins
and that don't always work especially against rcon hackers. We had a few but luckly one program I run
on my home server to monitor all servers recorded their ip and I was able to have them banned
at the game server provider level.

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:29 am
by norma
if its a linux box fail2ban can be used to parse your logs and remove rcon flooding. There are also some pretty nice php tools for banning bot flooders and stuff like that.

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:00 pm
by Gen Stranger
norma wrote:if its a linux box fail2ban can be used to parse your logs and remove rcon flooding. There are also some pretty nice php tools for banning bot flooders and stuff like that.
Thanks I will look into that
but we really haven't had anymore rcon blockers lately (now that I said that there will be a flood of them)

I also know there is a program out there that can download your server config and see your rcon password
I don't know the name or even want to know it

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:22 pm
by norma
you are referring to directory traversal. It's a bug in FTP and yes there are programs that can be used to exploit this bug. Just set sv_allowdownload to 0 in your server config and problem gone.

It's only needed if you are using a mod anyway :)

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:20 pm
by Gen Stranger
norma wrote:you are referring to directory traversal. It's a bug in FTP and yes there are programs that can be used to exploit this bug. Just set sv_allowdownload to 0 in your server config and problem gone.

It's only needed if you are using a mod anyway :)
lol 3 of our server do run mods

Re: Game Optimizer Pro 1.0

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:02 pm
by norma
In that case just make sure your server logs and config files are not using usual names. like server.cfg or games_mp.log and you will be fine :).